Update on my 32 things list

7/03/2009 01:03:00 PM Edit This 2 Comments »
posted by Debi

So, we are at the halfway mark of my 32nd year of life. So I thought it's high time for me to check in with my 32 things list. I am happy to say that I can check a few things off...

4. Cook more meals at home
David and I have been eating more meals at home. Now that we both work in Falkland in the same office (different organisations), we even come home for lunch together. It's great.

6. Submit an abstract for the Family Violence Prevention Fund (even if I don't go to present it myself)
Check. I submitted an abstract with my former colleagues at the Alliance and it was accepted. I won't be able to attend but it is great to know that the information will get out there. I also had three abstracts accepted at APHA, one abstract at the SVRI conference in Johannesburg and hopefully I will have one accepted at a Nairobi conference on urban health (that one I might actually attend!)

7. Attend the Brisbane, Australia conference this summer on community-centred economies.
Check! I just got back from this conference! It was amazing. Here is a picture of me with our international Board of Directors...

8. Go snorkeling in Australia!!
Unfortunately, I missed my chance to go snorkeling. It was winter in Australia and not much snorkeling happening BUT I did make it to the beach and that was fantastic!!

14. Learn more about trees, plants and herbs and maybe even try my hand at gardening
hehehehe...I think I have this one covered. I have learned so much about gardening in the last two months (see my blog post 'I heart gardening')

17. Update our blog more
Hey, two blog updates in a day....I'm on my way....

18. Attend my best friend's wedding celebration
What an amazing event! My best friend, Manju, got married in Brooklyn at an amazing space. It was so great celebrating such a happy moment with her!

20. Climb the Lomond Hill in Falkland, Fife
I first climbed the hill in April when our friends Mandi and Daniel came to visit (our first visitors!). Check out the view from the top....



24. Move to a bigger apartment
Done! Instead of moving into a bigger apartment, we moved into a three bedroom house! Much better than our studio flat!

25. Acquire two more consulting clients
So far in 2009, I have acquired three more consulting clients: Columbia University, Carnegie UK Trust and Community Development Alliance Scotland!

29. Learn how to drive a manual car
I still don't feel 100% comfortable driving a manual car but I now know 'how' to....which is great since we got a free car back in April from one of my colleagues. We affectionately named the car 'bugsy'. But bugsy is a stickshift and thus, I had to learn how to drive a manual much sooner than planned!

So far, so good!

2 comments:

Mandi said...

Way to go! I'll be going to FVPF in October, but just for fun and to knüpfen some contacts. ;) Also, glad we could help with Lomond Hill. Good luck with the second half of the year!

Anonymous said...

Okay just now catching up on the blog. Think it's hilarious you are driving a manual transmission car on the other side of the road. Of course, I am sure you are incredibly good looking while doing it.

Felly