32 Things for My 32nd Year
3/01/2009 09:31:00 AM Edit This 2 Comments »
posted by Debi
So, I turned 32 in January!! I absolutely loved the list my friend made of things to do before her next birthday so I am going to give it a shot!.... Here is a list of 32 things to accomplish, experience and remember to do before my 33rd birthday:
1. Finish A1 level courses in Gaelic
2. Take a German proficiency test (B2 or C1 level)
3. Now that we are in Scotland, the land of hillwalking and hiking, I want to go hiking at least once a month this year
4. Cook more meals at home
5. Run a half marathon in Scotland
6. Submit an abstract for the Family Violence Prevention Fund (even if I don't go to present it myself)
7. Attend the Brisbane, Australia conference this summer on community-centred economies.
8. Go snorkeling in Australia!!
9. Ride in a hot air balloon (I have been wanting to do this for ages!!)
10. Celebrate our wedding with my family
11. Learn a dance for the wedding celebration
12. Go on a honeymoon
13. Attend at least one opera performance in Europe
14. Learn more about trees, plants and herbs and maybe even try my hand at gardening
15. Work less during the summer
16. Spend more time with my honey relaxing (see number 15)
17. Update our blog more
18. Attend my best friend's wedding celebration
19. Send out the children's book I have been working on with my mom for publication
20. Climb the Lomond Hill in Falkland, Fife
21. Get a UK driving license (luckily our US driving license is good for one year)
22. Publish 3 journal articles
23. Attend a week-long Gaelic intensive on the Isle of Skye this summer
24. Move to a bigger apartment
25. Acquire two more consulting clients
26. Write and publish a report for my new job at IACD
27. Write to my nephews, nieces and grandma at least once a month
28. Start to learn a musical instrument
29. Learn how to drive a manual car
30.Visit a country I have never been to before
31. Take time to be a tourist
32. Get some kittens!!!!
I'm very excited (especially for #32) :-) I think it's going to be a great year!!!
So, I turned 32 in January!! I absolutely loved the list my friend made of things to do before her next birthday so I am going to give it a shot!.... Here is a list of 32 things to accomplish, experience and remember to do before my 33rd birthday:
1. Finish A1 level courses in Gaelic
2. Take a German proficiency test (B2 or C1 level)
3. Now that we are in Scotland, the land of hillwalking and hiking, I want to go hiking at least once a month this year
4. Cook more meals at home
5. Run a half marathon in Scotland
6. Submit an abstract for the Family Violence Prevention Fund (even if I don't go to present it myself)
7. Attend the Brisbane, Australia conference this summer on community-centred economies.
8. Go snorkeling in Australia!!
9. Ride in a hot air balloon (I have been wanting to do this for ages!!)
10. Celebrate our wedding with my family
11. Learn a dance for the wedding celebration
12. Go on a honeymoon
13. Attend at least one opera performance in Europe
14. Learn more about trees, plants and herbs and maybe even try my hand at gardening
15. Work less during the summer
16. Spend more time with my honey relaxing (see number 15)
17. Update our blog more
18. Attend my best friend's wedding celebration
19. Send out the children's book I have been working on with my mom for publication
20. Climb the Lomond Hill in Falkland, Fife
21. Get a UK driving license (luckily our US driving license is good for one year)
22. Publish 3 journal articles
23. Attend a week-long Gaelic intensive on the Isle of Skye this summer
24. Move to a bigger apartment
25. Acquire two more consulting clients
26. Write and publish a report for my new job at IACD
27. Write to my nephews, nieces and grandma at least once a month
28. Start to learn a musical instrument
29. Learn how to drive a manual car
30.Visit a country I have never been to before
31. Take time to be a tourist
32. Get some kittens!!!!
I'm very excited (especially for #32) :-) I think it's going to be a great year!!!


2 comments:
That is a great list. I'm totally with you on number 2, 6, 22 and 30, as well as the German versions of 5 and 21!!
Came over from No Apathy Allowed.....sounds like a great list! You should try for the Dundee Half Marathon - it's not too far from you and I think it's on the 21st of May - may be doing it myself! The Lomond Hills are a great little hike - have you done them yet? Otherwise, definitely get out there in the spring = the hills are just beautiful, even in the rain and it's certainly in my plans to do more this summer...friends are going trekking in Nepal for their honeymoon and need the practice!
Post a Comment